The Russian smart, active and sustainable packaging industry valued US$X.X billion in 2011. Over the forecast period, it is expected to record a CAGR of 7.14% to reach a projected value of US$X billion in 2016. Although this growth is expected to be driven by increased demand from the food and beverages, and personal care industries, the use of intelligent packaging technologies by pharmaceutical companies is expected to increase over the forecast period. The Indian active, smart and sustainable packaging industry valued US$X.X billion in 2011, and is projected to record a CAGR of 10% over the forecast period. By 2016, it is expected to reach a value of US$X.X billion.
Published: March 2012
No. of Pages: 155
The Chinese active, smart and sustainable packaging industry valued US$XX.X billion in 2011. Notably, high consumer awareness, the increasing popularity of smart and sustainable packaging among leading companies and the adoption of environmentally friendly technology in sustainable packaging production have all helped to increase overall demand for active, packaging industrypackaging industrypackaging industry in China. Consequently, the value of the industry is expected to record a CAGR of 5.69% over the forecast period to reach a projected figure of US$XX.X billion in 2016.
The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights on the active, smart and sustainable packaging industry in the BRIC countries, including:
- Current, historic and forecast values and trends for the active, smart and sustainable packaging industry, including end-user market size
- Comprehensive, country-specific analysis of the industry’s market attractiveness, covering key trends and drivers, competitive landscape and comparative benchmarking among BRIC nations
- Detailed analysis of active, smart and sustainable packaging strategies adopted by companies in BRIC nations
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the active, smart and sustainable packaging industry in the BRIC countries
- It provides historical values for the active, smart and sustainable packaging industry for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the end-user market in the active, smart and sustainable packaging industry, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It details the different macroeconomic factors affecting the active, smart and sustainable packaging industry in BRIC countries
- It covers an exhaustive summary of the key trends and drivers affecting the end-user markets in active, smart and sustainable packaging
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry
• The expansion of the Brazilian food and beverage industry has stimulated the growth of active, smart and sustainable packaging in Brazil. Moreover, a large number of domestic and international companies, including Nestlé, PepsiCo, and Coca-Cola recently strengthened their presence in the Brazilian food and beverage industry. This resulted in an overall increase in demand for packaging, including active, smart and sustainable packaging.
• Among Russian food and beverage companies, vacuum packaging is considered a key active packaging solution. Notably, vacuum packaging eliminates oxygen from packaging, preserves the quality of products and extends their shelf lives. This new packaging solution helps companies cater to the growing demand for fresh, high quality products among Russian consumers.
• The Indian sustainable packaging category valued US$X.XX billion in 2011 and is currently growing more rapidly than the overall packaging industry. Specifically, the sustainable packaging category is currently recording annual growth of 25%, while the overall packaging industry is recording annual growth of 20% and is expected to reach a projected value of US$X.XX billion in 2016.
• An increasing number of food and beverage companies operating in China have begun to use modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) technology in the packaging of their products, with Dole Foods China and Nestle's Buitoni being some of the leading companies in this area. Also, Coca-Cola China, the country’s leading beverage company, adopted sustainable packaging by launching environmentally friendly, lightweight bottles and easily recyclable bottles in 2010.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the active, smart and sustainable packaging industry
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within the active, smart and sustainable packaging industry in the BRIC countries
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the active, smart and sustainable packaging industry
- Identify the strategies undertaken by companies and the available growth opportunities
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the active, smart and sustainable packaging industry in the BRIC countries